NOTE: Applications for admission to the MA Educational Leadership and Administration program are not currently being accepted. Contact the School of Education for information regarding admission to the MS Educational Leadership and Administration, starting in Fall 2023.
Program Learning Objectives
- Development and Implementation of a Shared Vision: Education leaders facilitate the development and implementation of a shared vision of learning and growth of all students.
- Instructional Leadership: Education leaders shape a collaborative culture of teaching and learning informed by professional standards and focused on student and professional growth.
- Management and Learning Environment: Education leaders manage the organization to cultivate a safe and productive learning and working environment.
- Family and Community Engagement: Education leaders collaborate with families and other stakeholders to address diverse student and community interests and mobilize community resources.
- Ethics and Integrity: Education leaders make decisions, model, and behave in ways that demonstrate professionalism, ethics, integrity, justice, and equity and hold staff to the same standard.
- External Context and Policy: Education leaders influence political, social, economic, legal and cultural contexts affecting education to improve education policies and practices.
|EDUC 510||Education Finance and Resource Allocation||4|
|EDUC 511||Educational Law and Governance||4|
|EDUC 512||Education Organization and Management||4|
|EDUC 513||Education Planning and Decision Making||4|
|EDUC 515||Educational Program Management and Evaluation||4|
|EDUC 516||Educational Personnel Supervision and Evaluation||4|
|EDUC 517||Managing Action Research Communities||2|
|EDUC 519||Professional e-Portfolios for Educational Leaders||1|
|EDUC 542||Administration of Special Programs and Services||4|
|EDUC 586||Introduction to Inquiry in Education||4|
|EDUC 587||Educational Foundations and Current Issues||4|
|EDUC 588||Education, Culture, and Learning||4|
|EDUC 589||Educational Research Methods||4|
|EDUC 590||Research Application in Education||4|