Research, Economic Development & Graduate Education (R-EDGE), Bldg. 38, Room 101
firstname.lastname@example.org; @calpolystudentresearch (Instagram)
Director: Dr. Jane Lehr
The aim of the Office of Student Research is to increase Learn by Doing research opportunities for students at Cal Poly. The Office of Student Research also coordinates Cal Poly’s participation in the annual CSU Research Competition, the UNIV 421 Summer Undergraduate Research Experience course, and —with the CSU LSAMP Program — serves as a primary contact for students participating in the California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education.
The goals of the Office of Student Research are to:
1. Increase transparency of access for student research opportunities in all disciplines
2. Support the professional development of mentors and mentees — including a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in student research contexts – via individual advising, consultations, workshops, and other collaborations
3. Work with colleges, Graduate Education, and other campus entities to enhance their existing student research programs and build capacity in new areas
4. Increase the funding available to support student research
5. Develop and integrate meaningful metrics that allow us to measure outcomes and impact of research participation for students and mentors
The Office of Student Research aims to support all interested Cal Poly students to find and thrive in student research opportunities.