Program Learning Objectives
- Perform fundamental laboratory skills involved in regenerative medicine research & development.
- Discuss and critically evaluate biomedical primary literature.
- Effectively communicate technical topics to both peer and lay audiences.
- Explain the process of biotechnology development & commercialization.
- Describe how research & development efforts are motivated by and impact physician & patient experiences.
- Design and execute independent research projects.
|BIO 501||Molecular & Cellular Biology||4|
|BIO 509||Communicating Biology to General Audiences||1|
|BIO 534||Principles of Stem Cell Biology||2|
|BIO/ASCI/BMED 583||Research Experience for Regenerative Medicine Students||2|
|BIO/ASCI/BMED 593||Regenerative Medicine Internship 1||9|
|BMED 510||Principles of Tissue Engineering||4|
|BMED 515||Introduction to Biomedical Imaging||4|
|BMED 560||Cell Transplantation and Biotherapeutics||2|
|BMED 561||Cell Transplantation and Biotherapeutics Laboratory||2|
|STAT 513||Applied Experimental Design and Regression Models||4|
|or STAT 523||Design and Analysis of Experiments I|
|or STAT 524||Applied Regression Analysis|
|Select from the following:||6|
|Graduate Seminar in Animal Science|
|Teaching Strategies for College Biology Laboratories|
|Seminar in Biology|
|Biomedical Engineering Graduate Seminar|
|Select from the following:||5|
|Applied Animal Embryology and Assisted Reproduction|
|Assisted Reproduction Technologies of Gametes and Embryos Laboratory|
|Advanced Anatomy and Physiology: Neuroscience|
|Molecular Biology Laboratory 3|
|Gene Expression Laboratory|
|Biology of Organisms|
|Developmental Biology Seminar|
|Protein Techniques Laboratory|
Students will complete their internship at one of our partner institutions. An updated list of our current partners can be found on our program website: regenmed.calpoly.edu.
Take at least one offering of ASCI 581, BIO 590, and BMED 563; the remaining units up to 6 may be from any combination of seminar courses, chosen in consultation with a faculty advisor.
Strongly recommended if not already taken an equivalent course.