Program Learning Objectives
- Identify and articulate the range of issues and problems associated with urban transportation.
- Identify the primary analytic methods used in urban transportation planning.
- Identify the ranges of solutions and policy options used to address the problems and issues associated with urban transportation.
- Identify and articulate the key issues that drive transportation policy.
- Understand driver behavior, traffic characteristics, traffic operations, highway capacity and level of service, and operational considerations for the design of traffic facilities.
- Articulate the interdependency between transportation and land use.
- Develop travel demand forecasts and analyze transportation models.
- Estimate the impacts of changes in land use and transportation infrastructure in terms of various performance measures.
- Formulate a plan to achieve sustainability goals through transportation system planning
|CRP 501||Foundations of Cities and Planning||4|
|CRP 504||Sustainable Communities||4|
|CRP 510||Planning Theory||4|
|CRP 512||Introduction to Visual Communication and GIS||4|
|CRP 513||Planning Research and Analysis||4|
|CRP 516||Demographic and Analytic Tools||4|
|CRP 525||Plan Implementation||4|
|CRP 553||Project Planning and Design Studio||4|
|CRP 518||Policy Development||4|
|CRP 530||Planning Agency Management||4|
|CRP 535||Land Use and Planning Law||4|
|CRP 552||Community and Regional Planning Studio I||4|
|CRP 554||Community and Regional Planning Studio II||4|
|Select one of the following options:||4-6|
|Community and Regional Planning Studio III (4)|
|Professional Project (2, 2, 2)|
|Thesis (2, 2, 2)|
|Required Specialization Courses|
|CRP 435||Transportation Theory||4|
|CE 527||Sustainable Mobility||4|
|CE 523||Transportation Systems Planning||4|
|or CE 421||Traffic Engineering|
|Advisor Approved Electives|