Program Learning Objectives
- Apply understandings of Learner Development, Learning Differences, and Knowledge of Students.
- Create and maintain classroom routines and environments that promote learning, inclusivity, respect, and health/safety.
- Demonstrate and apply curricular content knowledge to design and organize effective learning experiences.
- Select and implement scientifically validated instructional approaches to meet individual learning needs.
- Collect and analyze assessment data from multiple measures to make data-based decisions about student learning needs, service eligibility, and instructional modifications.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethics, legality, collaboration, and continuous growth and reflection.
- Engage in educational research and inquiry to remain informed of best practices, current research, legislation and debate.
|EDUC 532||Advanced Field Experiences in Education||2|
|EDUC 546||Reading and Language Arts Instruction in Special Education||5|
|EDUC 550||Assessment Strategies for Special Education||5|
|EDUC 552||Support and Transition Strategies in Special Education||5|
|EDUC 554||Behavior Disorders and Positive Behavior Support Strategies||5|
|EDUC 586||Introduction to Inquiry in Education||4|
|EDUC 589||Educational Research Methods||4|
|EDUC 590||Research Application in Education||4|
|SPED 545||Mathematics and Science Methods for Students with Disabilities||4|
|SPED 587||Instructional Methods for Learners with Autism||4|
|SPED 588||Developing Compliant Individualized Education Plans||4|