Program Learning Objectives
- Action Research: Design and implement an action research project on a key issue in curriculum and instruction in an effort to bring change to their teaching practice and promote meaningful outcomes for students.
- Advanced Practices & Content Knowledge: Understand and apply perspectives, principles, and practices for designing integrated curriculum and implementing advanced instructional strategies to foster conceptual development and disciplinary ways of knowing in diverse classrooms.
- Multiple Literacies: Understand and analyze different language and literacy theories that promote multimodal instruction and apply theories through design and critique of appropriate evidence-based instructional practices and activities for students that are most appropriate for integrated instructional situations in diverse classrooms.
- Social Justice Teaching: Understand and apply social justice theories, pedagogies, and strategies to provide an equitable education for a diverse student body by integrating principles of critical pedagogy and culturally responsive teaching in and out of the classroom.
- Change Agent: Reflect critically on educational research and practice to identify ways to shape change through advancing pedagogical practices and principles of social justice at the school, community, and societal level.
|EDUC 502||Advancing Pedagogical Practices with Technology||4|
|EDUC 521||Literacy Across the Curriculum||4|
|EDUC 522||Advanced Classroom Pedagogy||4|
|EDUC 523||Integrative Approaches to Curriculum||4|
|EDUC 532||Advanced Field Experiences in Education||2|
|EDUC 586||Introduction to Inquiry in Education||4|
|EDUC 587||Educational Foundations and Current Issues||4|
|EDUC 588||Education, Culture, and Learning||4|
|EDUC 589||Educational Research Methods||4|
|EDUC 598||Action Research Project in Education||3|
|Select from the following: 1||8|
|Advanced Classroom Pedagogy in English Language Arts|
|Social Justice in Education: In & Out of the Classroom|
|Advanced Classroom Pedagogy in Mathematics Education|
Other elective courses may be chosen in consultation with advisor from a program-generated list of acceptable courses in specific disciplines.