Program Learning Objectives
After successfully completing the Master of Professional Studies in Dairy Product Technology, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate mastery of the technical foundation knowledge necessary to enter a management role in large-scale global dairy foods manufacturing organizations.
- Chemistry, biochemistry and the chemical changes that occur in dairy foods induced by processing
- Analytical chemistry and instrumentation
- Microbiology and its role in both food processing and food safety
- Dairy foods ingredient functionality
- Food safety, quality assurance and control
- Sanitary design and cleaning
- Raw materials receiving and control
- Food laws and regulations
- Food sensory evaluation and process quality
- Unit operations in dairy foods processing
2. Employ leadership principles and recognize importance of leadership in management.
3. Apply critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems, evaluate alternatives, synthesize solutions, and predict outcomes in a large dairy food production environment.
4. Develop a strong awareness of the dairy foods industry's place in society and can apply that awareness to formulate plans that benefit their company and society.
|DSCI 501||Dairy Chemistry||3|
|DSCI 502||Dairy Chemistry Laboratory||2|
|DSCI 510||Dairy Foods: Issues and Practices||2|
|DSCI 520||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing I||3|
|DSCI 521||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing II||4|
|DSCI 524||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing III||4|
|DSCI 535||Dairy Foods Ingredient Functionality||4|
|DSCI 539||Graduate Internship in Dairy Science||4|
|DSCI 540||Graduate Dairy Microbiology||4|
|DSCI 541||Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Food Safety||4|
|DSCI 565||Industrial Plant Considerations for Sustainable Operation||4|
|DSCI 581||Graduate Seminar in Dairy Science (1, 1, 1)||3|
|DSCI 582||Dairy Processing and Plant Management (2, 2)||4|