NOTE: Applications for admission to the MPS Dairy Products Technology program are not currently being accepted. Contact the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences for further information.
Program Learning Objectives
After successfully completing the Master of Professional Studies in Dairy Product Technology, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate mastery of the technical foundational knowledge necessary to enter a management role in large-scale dairy food manufacturing organizations. Areas of study will include:
- Chemistry, biochemistry and the chemical changes that occur in dairy foods induced by processing
- Analytical chemistry and instrumentation
- Microbiology and the role in food processing and food safety
- Dairy food ingredient functionality
- Quality assurance and control
- Sanitary design and cleaning
- Raw material receiving and control
- Food process quality
- Unit operations in dairy foods processing
2. Employ leadership principles and recognize the importance of leadership in management.
3. Apply critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems, evaluate alternatives, synthesize solutions, and predict outcomes in a large dairy food processing environment.
4. Develop a strong awareness of the dairy food industry's place in society, and apply this awareness to formulate plans that benefit the dairy industry.
|DSCI 501||Dairy Chemistry||3|
|DSCI 502||Dairy Chemistry Laboratory||2|
|DSCI 510||Dairy Foods: Issues and Practices||2|
|DSCI 520||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing I||3|
|DSCI 521||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing II||4|
|DSCI 524||Dairy Processing and Manufacturing III||4|
|DSCI 535||Dairy Foods Ingredient Functionality||4|
|DSCI 539||Graduate Internship in Dairy Science||6|
|DSCI 540||Graduate Dairy Microbiology||4|
|DSCI 541||Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Food Safety||4|
|DSCI 565||Industrial Plant Considerations for Sustainable Operation||4|
|DSCI 581||Graduate Seminar in Dairy Science (1, 1, 1)||3|
|DSCI 582||Dairy Processing and Plant Management||2|