Program Learning Objectives
- Exhibit critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills leading to lifelong learning.
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Develop technical competency in their discipline but will also learn to think in a broader global context.
- Act with professionalism, high ethical standards, and respect for diversity and sustainability.
- Possess oral and written communication skills that are effective with diverse audiences (employers, employees, industry, and government).
- Industry-ready with skills and knowledge that employers value.
Degree Requirements and Curriculum
In addition to the program requirements listed on this page, students must also satisfy requirements outlined in more detail in the Minimum Requirements for Graduation section of this catalog, including:
- 60 units of upper division courses
- Graduation Writing Requirement (GWR)
- 2.0 GPA
- U.S. Cultural Pluralism (USCP)
Note: Up to 4 units of credit/no credit grading may be selected for courses in major or support.
|AGB 101||Introduction to Agribusiness||4|
|AGB 202||Introduction to Sales||4|
|AGB 212||Agricultural Economics||4|
|AGB 214||Agribusiness Financial Accounting||4|
|AGB 260||Agribusiness Data Literacy||4|
|AGB 301||Food and Fiber Marketing||4|
|AGB 308||Introduction to Agribusiness Finance||4|
|AGB 312||Agricultural Policy||4|
|AGB 313||Agriculture Economic Analysis||4|
|AGB 323||Agribusiness Managerial Accounting||4|
|AGB 327||Agribusiness Data Analysis||4|
|AGB 328||Decision Tools for Agribusiness||4|
|AGB 369||Agricultural Personnel Management||4|
& AGB 461
|Research Methodology in Agribusiness|
and Senior Project
|or AGB 462||Senior Project - Applied Agribusiness Problems|
|or AGB 463||Senior Project - Agribusiness Consulting|
|or AGB 464||Senior Project - Advanced Internship Experience in Agribusiness|
|Agribusiness general electives 2|
|Select one 4-unit AGB course at the 400 level||4|
|Select AGB courses at the 300, 400, or 500 levels||12|
|BUS 207||Legal Responsibilities of Business||4|
|CHEM 110||World of Chemistry (B3 & B4) 1||4|
|ECON 222||Macroeconomics (D2) 1||4|
|MATH 221||Calculus for Business and Economics (B1) 1,3||4|
|STAT 251||Statistical Inference for Management I (B1) 1||4|
|Agricultural science and technology electives|
|Select 12 units from the following:||12|
|Principles of Horticulture and Crop Science|
|California Fruit Growing|
|Introduction to Vegetable Science|
or AEPS 190
|California Vegetable Production|
|Postharvest Technology of Horticultural Crops|
|Principles of Animal Science|
|Introduction to Poultry Management|
|Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animals|
|Zoonoses and Veterinary Public Health Concerns|
|Irrigation Water Management|
|General Dairy Husbandry|
|General Dairy Manufacturing|
|Elements of Food Processing|
|Food and Nutrition: Customs and Culture|
|Elements of Food Safety|
|Introductory Soil Science|
|Soils in Environmental and Agricultural Systems|
|Fertilizers and Plant Nutrition|
|Forest and Range Soils|
|GENERAL EDUCATION (GE)|
|(See GE program requirements below.)||56|
Required in Support; also satisfies GE
500-level courses used for a baccalaureate degree may not be applied toward a master’s degree or credential program. Consultation with advisor is recommended.
Prerequisite: Passing score on appropriate Mathematics Placement Examination, or MATH 118 or equivalent.
General Education (GE) Requirements
- 72 units required, 16 of which are specified in Major and/or Support.
- See the complete GE course listing.
- Minimum of 12 units required at the 300 level.
|A3||Reasoning, Argumentation and Writing||4|
|Area B||Science and Mathematics|
|B1||Mathematics/Statistics (8 units in Support) 1||0|
|B3||Physical Science (4 units in Support) 1||0|
|B4||One lab taken with either a B2 or B3 course (In Support) 1|
|Area C||Arts and Humanities|
|Area C elective||(Choose one course from C1-C5)||4|
|Area D/E||Society and the Individual|
|D1||The American Experience (Title 5, Section 40404 requirement)||4|
|D2||Political Economy (4 units in Support) 1||0|
|D3||Comparative Social Institutions||4|
|D4||Self Development (CSU Area E)||4|
Required in Support; also satisfies GE.